Fiber Expo 2013: Spring & Fall
The goal for classes and workshops at Fiber Expo is to provide interest-catching, exciting, informative and first-rate fiber art education for our students.
The following is a small list of those areas that may catch the interest of Fiber Expo attendees:
Lace Making, Braiding, Crochet, Dyeing, Embroidery, Felting (wet and needle), Fiber Preparation, Garment Design, Handspinning, Knitting, Paper Making, Quilting, Rug Hooking, Sewing, Surface Design, Tatting, Weaving, Color Theory, Basket Weaving, Grading Fiber, Mixing Fibers, Pattern Modification, etc.
Please feel free to suggest a subject that may not be on the previous list.
Class and Workshop Proposals must be submitted by Jan 9th, 2012 for Spring and August 26th, 2012 for Fall.
There is a $15 admin fee per student to Fiber Expo for classes & workshops. Please be aware when submitting your instructor fee below.
If you are interested in teaching a class or workshop at Fiber Expo Spring 2013 or Fall 2013 – Applications are now being accepted. Please complete the following steps for a Class/Workshop Proposal:
- Fill our form below and press submit form
- Email: A photo that represents the class or workshop (finished product, equipment used, etc.)
- Email: Your teaching resume
- Email: A short (2 paragraphs max) personal bio
- Email: A photo of you or one that represents you (your work)
Email items from steps 2-5 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot email the above information please send to the following address: Fiber Expo, c/o Connie Hydel, 3145 Middle Rd., Highland, MI 48357.
Important Notes for Class/Workshop Proposals:
1) Classes will be held indoors at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The buildings are heated and all floors are cement.
2) Classes will be held on Saturday and Sunday of the Fiber Expo Spring & Fall
3) Although the Expo does not open to the public until 10am on Sunday, morning classes will begin at 9am.
4) No class auditing will be allowed unless the person auditing has paid their class fee. This change was initiated to create a fair and equitable class atmosphere.
Class/Workshop Proposal Form
Don't forget the additional items to email.
Fiber Expo, Highland, MI 48357
© Connie Hydel 2007 All Rights Reserved